Thursday, April 6, 2017

Tranquility Review

The book I am going to be reviewing today is not an ordinary book. Tranquility: A Prayer and Reflection Coloring Journal is just what it says: a prayer and reflection journal, and a coloring book. And it's absolutely beautiful!

Now, anyone that knows me knows that I tend to be more apt to use pretty things. So I made my planner pretty, my binders are pretty, even my desk organizers are pretty. And if I find something I want to use (such as a really good bible study), and it isn't pretty, I'll pretty it up. I'll use sparkly gel pens, or I'll put stickers all over it. I am drawn to pretty things. They don't have to be super fancy or super expensive, they just have to be pretty.

So how happy was I when I opened the package containing this book to find out how very pretty it is?!?!? The line on the left of the cover that separates the design is actually raised. It's another piece on top. Here's another picture:
 It's a little easier to see there. You can click the picture to make it bigger.

Anyways, as soon as I opened the package I flipped through the book to see all the different elements. Here are some:
Oh, my goodness! Look how pretty! Love! :)
Some pages contain a prayer, a scripture, some lines for writing your thoughts, and something to color.

Other pages contain a quote from the bible, something to color, and a thought or question for you to draw or write about.

I color with gel pens and/or colored pencils. The color goes on nice and smooth, and it looks really good on the page. The pages are nice and thick, so I haven't had any problem with bleed through. And I got this book yesterday.

I call this one a home run. I just know I will enjoy my morning quiet time so much more with this lovely journal! I hope they make more. :)

*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.