Friday, November 4, 2016

The Chronological Word Truth Life Bible: In the Beginning

This is a pretty interesting concept. I'm sure many of you have heard of The Story, right? It's a bible as told as one continuous story from beginning to end. No verse numbers, just one seamless story.

I didn't like it.

This is similar, but but better. Allow me to explain.

First off, it's a slightly different version. Now, this book isn't word for word and specific version that I've found, but it's more like an actual novel. The story is basically the NIV bible, put into paragraphs. This book is, not a summary of what the bible says, but a simpler way of putting it. It's very easy to understand.

The author left in the verse numbers, but they're not throughout the text as is the case in the regular bible. They're at the beginning of each section. For example:
See the upper right corner? There's where this particular section is in the bible.

Now, I tried to use this book in my bible study to see how well I could do, and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Since you don't know where one verse stops and the next begins, it makes it difficult for in depth study.

I don't agree with everything in the introduction sections (for example, I don't agree that the NIV is a more accurate translation than KJV; I believe ESV and KJV are much better than NIV), but all in all, it's a pretty good book.

I think this would be a great introductory bible for people new to reading the bible, but I would not use it as the end source for bible study.

I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.